Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Internet, I Am Your Bitch

I have been a bad, bad girl. Please don't spank me, I'm really not into that.

What I'm trying to tell you is that I've been spending a lot of money lately. But you see, it's because I have no other choice. That's right, I said it, I have no other choice.

You see, I spend most of my days clutching a 10 1/2 pound ball of flesh and spit up. And that takes one arm. Using the free arm to do work is quite challenging, because you try writing a blog entry with just one hand. Or doing work with only one hand. Now, if you happen to really only be one-handed, you're probably thinking "I do it every day bitch, quit your whining."

But you see, until 2 months, 7 days ago, I had the use of both my hands. So this is all still very new to me.

So while I wait for baby boy to fall asleep so I can put him down (I'm still waiting by the way...), I surf the Web. First I go to all my favorite blogs, to see if there's anything new. Then I go to a few other Web sites or google random stuff. And then, I shop.

The UPS man has literally swung by my house every day for the last week and a half. I'm sure he's about to turn me in to Overspenders Anonymous.

In my defense, Christmas is coming up and a good amount of what I bought is holiday related. So I've got most of my shopping done now, which is pretty damn good if you ask me!

Of course, I've also bought things that weren't as necessary, just because, well, there are 8 hours in the day to kill and I can't watch TV that entire time.

It makes me wonder though... If I spend money faster than I can earn it, at what point are we officially considered broke?

Although in the meantime, Baby Boy has one cute ass personalized stocking, the dogs have shiny new bark collars and I have a wonderful serving platter and scrapbooking organizer box.

Yes, we may be broke, but at least we have cool stuff.

Love,

Catwoman.

No comments: