Friday, September 03, 2004

When You're Good, You're Good!

Well, things have been going pretty darn good here if I don't say so myself. Yesterday was a mighty productive day. I wrote a press release, sent another one out, got a hit in a key publication for my client, met with an insurance agent to get all of our health insurance stuff figured out, got Sweetie Pie's newsletters printed and folded and even managed to pick up my ring from Zales as it was being re-sized.

And get this, I managed to squeeze in a shower in there as well! I mean, if that's not a productive day, then I don't know what is!

I have a new addiction... Months ago, when my friend C. was pregnant, I made this dip that I found the recipe for on All Recipes. I can't remember what it's called now, but it had a name like Basic Mexican Dip. Well, not only was it easy to make, but it turned out so incredible that it was gone in no time at all, while the poor Hot Crab Dip stood there, trying to whore itself out so that someone would eat it.

The Basic Mexican Dip is easy to make. Basically, you take a package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, let it soften at room temperature for about 15 minutes. You take some kind of oven safe dish that looks like it would be good to make a dip in (I use my Frenchware that my mother-in-law bought me) and you spread the cream cheese at the bottom. Then you open a can of Wolf Brand Chili (any type you want, I get the No Beans Hot, but you wimps can get the mild) and you pour that on and then spread it over the cream cheese. Note that you don't want to blend the two layers together. Then you just take some shredded Cheddar or the packages of shredded cheese that say Nacho or Mexican on it (that's what I use) and sprinkle some of that. You should have preheated your oven to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit and you just stick the dish in there for 10 minutes.

See how easy that was? OK, now you get yourself a bag of Tostito's or store brand nacho chips and dip. Oh, you should have waited for it to cool off a little. That'll leave a mark.

Isn't amazing? Well, now you can join me in my addiction. Because there is nothing better in front of the five o'clock news than that dip. For those of you who work, I guess you can have it at 6:30 and 7 and it would be just as tasty.

Anyway, now I have shared with you my secret dip recipe. You should feel very privileged and honored.

Oh! On another note!!!! I rule the world of secret shopping. All of you who think of me as loud and obnoxious will be amazed to know that I do, in fact, have what it takes to be a secret spy. The CIA's on the other line, hold that thought.

Anyway, I got a nice email from a company that I reviewed a REALLY AWESOME wing restaurant for last week in Addison. I'd like to say the name, but I don't know if I'm supposed to. Oh what the heck. My identity on here is secret, so who will ever know! The restaurant is called Buffalo Wild Wings. They have one in Addison, which I went to and also one in like Grapevine. Check out their Website for the nearest location. Awesome dining area for families, great prices, great wings, awesome bar for you party animals, great staff, basically, I did not have a bad thing to say about the place.

Now some of you cynics will say that's why I got the nice email. But the email did not focus on my positive comments. It focused on the thoroughness of my report and what an asset to the mystery shopping world I was. Brings a tear to my secret eye.

Oh! One more thing! It's official. I am starting my own real company in freelance PR. Sweetie Pie is buying me my own domain as I write this. Watch out world. Here comes Catwoman. I may have lost two lives in the PR world, but I'm coming back strong baby and will scratch the eyes out of my former enemies just because I can. Of course, isn't marriage by definition an institution that declaws you? Maybe all I'll end up doing is being one of those cats that just hisses but can't do any damage. Either way, I'm on my own and I'm feeling good! Anyone who knows of small companies that could use some PR help, let me know! I pay a finders' fee of $250 for any signed contract that was referred to me by someone.

Love,

Catwoman.

No comments: