Friday, September 03, 2004

Things That Drive Me Nuts...

After I wrote my blog, I decided to make myself a cup of coffee. Most of you would assume that means ground up coffee beans, a coffee maker, water and turn it into a pungent black cup of grossness.

Well not me. I'm just too good for that. I instead enjoy the sweet flavor of a cup of General Foods International Coffee French Vanilla. I'm not sure why they call it coffee. I'm not sure if one of the ingredients even is coffee. But what I do know is that Mama likes. It's like a little cup of sweet heaven that makes you feel all warm and tingly. And then the ensuing sugar rush makes you feel like the whole world is one big jawbreaker.

Anyway, I'm totally off track again. The point is, that I went to put the kettle on the stove to make me a cup of coffee and as I was filling it up with water, I noticed the annoying "max fill line" on my tea kettle. Now, the max fill line is an important thing. You see, if you go past that line, when you pour the boiling hot water that approaches 500 degrees Fahrenheit, water will spew everywhere, punishing you for not respecting the powers of the max fill line. Think of the max fill line as the John Gotti of the tea kettle world. You don't listen to him, you lose a hand.

Well the only problem with the max fill line is that it's just a sticker on an opaque blue kettle. Which I'm not Superman. Sometimes I wish I was, except my thighs would not let me look good in those tights. Anyway, unlike Superman, I don't have X-Ray vision that allows me to see through objects. So although I see the max fill line, I don't have any idea what the water level inside looks like. Is it way below? Is it right at it? Or is it painfully dangerously above? I mean are you supposed to weigh the kettle to figure it out?

My question is why bother with a max fill line at all if it doesn't help?

It's like putting signs in front of a cliff that read "watch out blind man, this is a cliff." Exactly what good is that?

Love,

Catwoman.

No comments: