Friday, September 10, 2004

I Know I Already Blogged Today But...

I completely forgot to share something...

Yesterday, I clicked on one of those scam offers of if you shoot the duck, you get a $50 gift certificate to a favorite restaurant. And so for half an hour I responded to crappy offers from spammers and pretended that I was excited about their offers. And then finally, I got to the point where it said that all I needed was to respond to one of the following offers and I would get the gift card.

Well, one of the offers was two weeks free to Blockbuster Online, which is basically Blockbuster's very late response to Netflix. Now, I tend to root for the small guy, but in this case, Blockbuster bribed me with two free weeks and two free in-store rentals per month and, well, I'm a cheap slut when it comes to free stuff. What can I say...

So next thing you know, I spend two hours creating my Blockbuster queue.

When the dust had settled, I had 102 movies in my queue.

Now think about that for a second. Considering that many of those movies are TV shows like Sex and the City seasons one, two, three, four, five, six and Nip/Tuck and so forth, each one of the DVDs is about two hours long.

So I have just comitted myself to more than 200 hours of DVD watching. That's eight days, 24 hours straight. Without pee breaks. Eating breaks, talking/seeing friends/spouse breaks. Sleeping breaks. Blog breaks. Oh and work ever so often breaks.

What was I thinking?????

Love,

Catwoman.

No comments: