Thursday, August 05, 2004

Sorry Doesn't Seem to Be the Hardest Word...

Well, this blog has been used for many purposes for the past two weeks. Sometimes I use it to share my crazy thoughts.
Sometimes I use it to vent.
Sometimes I use it to attempt philosophizing.

And today, for the first time ever (although, with my track record for errors, I'm sure it won't be the last), I am using it to publicly apologize to a dear friend of mine who is very rightfully mad at me.

Anyone who knows me knows that I like to talk. It doesn't really matter if there's someone there to listen, as long as I'm talking, I'm happy. I talk to myself in my car. I talk to the cats and dogs at home. I can talk all day long if I need to.

Anyway, the problem with talking so much, is that you become numb to the words that come out of your mouth, and sometimes, you say too much.

Last night, I was told a secret and sworn to secrecy. I happily made that promise. However, in another conversation with another friend, I somehow managed to break my vow of secrecy. Another classic Catwoman brainfart I guess, but it was an unacceptable one.

And so now, one of my closest friends isn't talking to me and I'm so mad at myself, I'd shave off my hair if it would make him forgive me. (although, before I make statements like that, I feel I need to add that I think I'd get fired if I showed up bald at the office and in the scheme of things, that might be overly-harsh as a punishment)

So anyway, I figure the best way to apologize is publicly so that I can admit in front of the five people who read this blog regularly that I screwed up.

S, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!

Please be my friend again!

Love,

Catwoman

No comments: