Monday, August 16, 2004

Not Working Is SOOOOO Exhausting!

Who knew that not working could be so hectic and so much fun.

I don't know if I'm living on another planet called Oblivion, but I sure am enjoying it. Let's see, first there's the fact that I was not woken up in the middle of the night. Then there's the fact that it's now 12:56 p.m. and I still have not showered (yup, that stench coming through your WAN connection right now is me). And then of course, there's the fact that it's 1 p.m. and this is the first chance I've really had to sit down to work on my blog.

Who knew I needed a full-time job to give me to time to write in my blog?

Well, I've been working hard to figure out ways to make money and I figured out with the gut I've gotten lately that prostitution is out of the question. Plus, considering that I'm still off the patch since we were going to start trying in a month, I'd get pregnant really soon and then would have no idea who the father is. I saw a little bit of Maury Povich while I was brushing my teeth this morning (oooh! need to check that off my new to-do list!) and he's still obsessed with paternity tests and I really don't want to end on that show, so hooking is off the list.

I did send out 100 flyers this morning to all of my previous customers for my little side business. That's been taking off lately, so hopefully I can build on that momentum and get a nice little source of income from that.

And then, old trusty, a.k.a. my old boss from two jobs ago who I always flake out on has some freelance work for me that he's willing to overpay me for, so I'm starting on that this afternoon. Considering I get paid until the end of the month, I would say that I've got an ok plan going. It's definitely not going to be enough to cover my entire former salary, but at least it's enough to keep the mortgage paid up and Sweetie Pie's salary can easily pay the rest. So we'll be fine, which is why everything tastes a little sweeter today.

Do I wish I'd been fired soon? I have to say, at this point my ego is still saying "THIS SUCKS ASS!" So no, I definitely wish this hadn't happened sooner, in fact, if it could have happened, say a month later, then we'd almost have our credit cards paid off and I could find this time even sweeter. But oh well, there's no such thing as absolutely perfect timing is there? At least, I'm in a better place then when I was laid off three years ago. Now, I have the coveted green card, so that if I need to, I can work at Pottery Barn tomorrow.

And here's my back up plan: seems every car dealer in town is looking for inexperienced sales people. So, the question is, do I want to pimp myself out for Chevy, Dodge, Nissan or Honda? I figure since Sweetie Pie really wants a Dodge Ram, I could work for them and get one as a discount. So, anyone want to buy a Neon?

Love,

Catwoman.

No comments: