Tuesday, July 20, 2004

My Life as a Leper

This is so embarrassing! I look like a freak show (more than usual anyway). I am currently at work with a missing patch of skin the size of a small country on my forehead, with the rest of the skin dangerously peeling back from my skull like some burn victim from a horror movie. My hope is that I can hide in my cubicle all day undisturbed. I only have a conference call today, so at least I don't have to scare any clients away.

Day two of my new diet, although Day one ended kind of badly with me inhaling 3/4 of a can of Salt & Vinegar Pringles at 8 p.m. as I was trying to grocery shop at Kroger. I'd promised myself I'd only eat two...

But today's a new day. The idea of having to wear a bikini in Austin next weekend terrifies me. I'm mildly relieved by the idea that there will be life jackets to wear again, since boats and jet skis will be around. Never have I been more of a safety buff in my entire life! Life jackets should be mandatory all the time, whether laying by a pool or entering a jacuzzi. I think it's for the good of the people. I must write my Congressman about this idea after I'm done this entry.

Yesterday Sweetiepie started his new French class. Hopefully he can learn enough French that we can actually have conversations together. I've found myself to be not very patient with people learning. Although, in my defense, sweetiepie has no patience for my explanations either, so between the two of us, he doesn't stand a chance of ever being fluent.

I have an event in Kansas City at 11 that has disaster written all over. It's 1 1/2 hours before and we have no media confirmed to attend... This is the first one of three events, so we kind of need it to go well... Gulp! Keep your fingers crossed!

Love,

Catwoman

No comments: